October 24, 2013
The Ohio State Marching Band is making headlines for their incredible halftime routine over the weekend; they paid tribute to Michael Jackson by playing a collection of his greatest hits.
Halfway through their performance, the band’s 192 members also pulled off one of his greatest moves, by creating the outline of the king of pop and moonwalking across the field.
The crowd went insane during the unique formation and many viral videos of the show have popped up since Saturday. See video: OSU Marching Band
October 23, 2013
The District is ranked one of the TOP performers in statewide Report Card assessments. Beavercreek Schools is one of just 14 districts statewide to earn all A’s and B’s in the new state report card evaluations AND meet 24 of 24 indicators of proficiency by grade level and subject matter, despite a shift to more rigorous standards.
October 24, 2013
Snacks give kids important nutrients and help control hunger between meals.
Healthy snack ideas:
- “Ants on a log” (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
- Fresh or canned fruit (in 100% juice, not syrup) with fat-free or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Whole-grain crackers with low-fat cheese
- Frozen grapes (rinse and freeze grapes overnight)
- Whole-wheat bread or apple slices with peanut butter
- Quesadillas (low-fat cheese on a whole-wheat tortilla)
- Unsalted pretzels or air-popped popcorn
- Baked tortilla chips and salsa
- Whole-wheat pita bread with hummus
- Water or fat-free or low-fat milk
Put fresh fruit in a bowl at eye-level in the refrigerator or on the kitchen counter. It will be easier for kids to see and grab.
On the go:
- Put dried fruits and nuts, fresh veggies, or fruit in small baggies.
- Pack low-fat string cheese sticks.
Set the rules:
- Teach your kids to ask before they help themselves to snacks.
- Eat snacks at the table or in the kitchen, not in front of the TV.
- Serve snacks in a bowl. Don’t let kids eat snack foods directly out of the bag or box.
- Drink water or fat-free or low-fat milk instead of soda or juice.