Cleaning & Prevention
Preventive dentistry is based on developing good oral hygiene habits so you can reduce the risk of problems like cavities, gum disease, and periodontitis. Routine dental exams and cleanings, along with regular brushing and flossing, are all part of preventative dental care.
The Importance of At Home Care
A key element of preventative dentistry is to brush and floss your teeth twice a day. At Indian Ripple Dental, we'll help you decide if a specific type of toothpaste, toothbrush, or toothpick will best support your needs.
Your diet also plays a vital role in oral health. For example, acidic foods and drinks can corrode teeth while foods and drinks high in calcium can fortify tooth enamel. Talk to Dr. Denny or your hygienist about how your diet can either positively or negatively affect your dental health.
Benefits of Professional Exams and Cleanings
- Remove most stains that dull and discolor teeth, so you're left with a brighter, whiter smile.
- Prevent periodontal and gum disease (both which can lead to early tooth loss).
- Identify issues such as fractures or broken fillings early so they don't develop into larger problems.
- If a more serious issue is discovered, Dr. Denny can help you plan how to take care of it.
- Identify signs of oral cancer. According to recent statistics, in America alone, one person dies from oral cancer every hour, but many of these cancers are curable if identified at an initial stage.
- May decrease your risk of heart attacks and strokes as a strong connection has been found between gum disease and cardiovascular conditions.
By taking a pre-emptive approach to dental health, we can help you prevent minor issues from becoming major procedures. And because many dental plans cover cleanings, you'll save money on dental expenses in the long run by taking advantage of your policy.
Schedule your exam or cleaning by calling (937) 427-1749 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Request An Appointment
Contact us today for more information or to make an appointment.