Dental implants restore missing teeth, protect the jaw from additional damage and help bring your smile back to life.
Missing teeth not only affect self-confidence, they also adversely affect oral health.
At Indian Ripple Dental, Dr. Stephen Denny will thoroughly examine your teeth and jaw and help you decide if dental implants are your best option.
What will happen if I decide to have dental implants?
- You will begin with an examination, x-rays, and consultation to determine if dental implants are appropriate.
- The dental implant consisting of a titanium screw is surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gum tissue. The gum tissue is then stitched back.
- You will wait a couple of months for the bone and the tissue to heal. As it heals, the implant will graft with the bone and attach to the gums.
- Once the tissue has healed, an abutment to the implant is attached. This abutment serves to connect the replacement tooth to the implant. In some cases, implanting of the screw and abutment attachment can be completed simultaneously.
- Finally, an artificial tooth (or fixed bridge if several teeth need relaced) is custom-made and fixed to the abutment. Though this is a simple process, it may take a few appointments to get a perfect fit.
How to Care for Dental Implants?
Dental implants, though they are artificial teeth, require the same amount of care as natural teeth.
You must follow a committed routine of daily brushing and flossing and regular checkups. Checkups are particularly important to ensure that your bite is correct and that the implants remain securely in position.
Request An Appointment
Contact us today for more information or to make an appointment.